1. Tell us about yourself.
I’m Jason. I’m 35. I grew up here in Elgin but left for the big smoke. I’m a drummer in two bands (Cuddly Shark with Colin Reid, and Le Reno Amps). I’m tall and funny lookin..
2. What is your weirdest quirk?
I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like the Pixies!
3. How did you get involved with the Speyside Sessions?
Jamie Reid is an old mucker (and Colin’s brother). Over a year ago, he asked me, Colin and my girlfriend what we thought about this idea he had, and if we would be involved in it. The premise was like the Bruce Springsteen Seeger Sessions album so I thought it would be a fun challenge to be a part of.
4. What is your proudest moment ever?
Dunno. Really proud of my dog though.
5. What Speyside Session tracks did you perform on?
Nothing that made the final cut (thanks for that…)
6. What is your favourite track on the album?
7. What is your abiding memory from the sessions?
The countdown at the Hogmanay party.
8. What is your favourite album of all time?
Ridiculous! No way I can answer that!
9. Do you have any regrets?
10. Most extravagant thing you’ve ever done (or bought)?
Nothing. I’m a struggling musician. Looked at one of those mortgage things once.